Does your congregation ask questions that you can’t answer about Islam and Muslims?
Do you want to be an effective ally with your Muslim neighbors?
Do you want to have the right tools and training to combat the rising threat of Islamophobia?
National and local experts and practitioners will facilitate this training to educate, network, & equip faith leaders to better advocate against a narrative of fear and divisiveness in our country.
Training modules will cover the following:
- Basics of Islam and Islamophobia
- How the rise in Islamophobia threatens us all
- Who American Muslims are
- How anti-Muslim bigotry shows up in laws and policies
- How to locate and address our fears
- How to respond to common misconceptions and questions about Islam and Muslims
- Strategies for faith communities to make effective change
- How to unite on messaging
- Media training
Limited space available, so register now!
Early registration discount available for those who register before December 1, 2017.
Limited scholarships available.
Nina Fernando – firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Terry Kyllo – email@example.com
Aneelah Afzali – firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers: Muslim Association of Puget Sound-American Muslim Empowerment Network; Neighbors in Faith; Shoulder to Shoulder Campaign; Council on American-Islamic Relations – WA
Partners: Southern Poverty Law Center; Institute for Social Policy and Understanding; ReThink Media; Institute for Islamic, Christian and Jewish Studies; Bridge Initiative @ Georgetown; Democracy Fund; Islamic Networks Group; Faith Action Network; Church Council of Greater Seattle
Printable Poster: EFL Flyer Electronic Final Print